When I went to show it around to my friends, they just looked at me and shook their heads. They kept asking, "What are you going to do with that?" Ok, so it's not normal to carry around machetes in the US but I like it. It reminds me of a sword. Speaking of swords, I have a small one of those too but that one is not sharpened. It's a swashbuckling-looking one with about a 12-14 in blade. I know. I'm strange. But what can I say? It's the Warrior Princess in me!
I think my fascination started a couple years ago when I started realizing what swords represented in the Bible. Ready for a quick game of connect the dots? Here we go!
- Ephesians 6:17 "Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God."
- Revelation 19:15 "Coming out of his [Jesus'] mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations."
- Hebrews 4:12 "For the word fo God is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword."
- Isaiah 49:2 "He has made my mouth like a sharpened sword."
- Proverbs 12:18 "The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."
- Isaiah 50:4 "The Lord God has given me the tongue of disciples, that I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word."
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."